In short, traveling with me can, at times, be like that ancient Chinese curse; even though I get where I am going and enjoy the end result, the travel itself is often an adventure. And my travel curse still seems to apply.
1) I get sick two days before leaving.
2) Noderunner dies, far too close to everyone leaving for it to be fixed.
3) My flight is -- I kid you not -- bumped from its gate. Not just bumped, either; switched with another flight on another airline. So my America West flight departs from a Continental gate, and vice versa. Never mind that all the boarding passes said the original gates or that the gate check-ins were still at the original gates. Much confusion...!
4) One of the "random search" folks claimed $100 was taken from her wallet, delaying boarding. And there was confusion as to whose she was; Continental's or America West's.
5) I've had 4 hours of sleep in the past 2 days (see point 1); I was planning to sleep on the plane. However, I ended up in the one row where the seats do not recline (i.e. the row one in front of the emergency exit). The little sign taunts me, with "Federal aviation regulation 121.310(f) prohibits your seat from reclining."
6) While considering elusive sleep and glaring at the little sign, I realized I had indeed forgotten one thing: pajamas. Ah, well; I can get something at the airport or hotel.
And Phoenix is flat and brown, but has no cellular roaming fee for me! (Yes, I /am/ bored...)