- Blink icon/notification on new friends posts, like any proper client does.
- Edit window for post is in a single dialog along with security level, current music, current mood, current picture, active journal and all those other useful post options.
- Client allows jumping directly to the journal page of any of your friends.
- Client allows jumping directly to the page of any community you belong to.
- Core functionality is in a DLL so other programs could use it.
Possible advanced features:
- Ability to see /which/ friends have updated. (I.e. 'oh, look, a short update by amurderofcrows, I know three more will be along shortly, I'll wait...' -- sorry for using you as the example, Mandy!)
- Ability to view/post comments directly from in client?
- Ability to create and edit mood sets from client?
- Ability to create and edit journal themes from client?
- Ability to upload/manage userpics from client?
- Ability to plug client into Trillian as a messaging option (I actually discussed this with the Trillian folks, sadly)
The advanced features all require workarounds, or additions to the LiveJournal protocol... and I'll probably never actually /do/ this, but it's still a vaguely tempting idea. :)