How to tell it's time to go home.
- Need to test API for driving hardware for automated API testing. Write test script.
- Script stops working. Determine that change in hardware specification removed bug being unwittingly relied on. Rewrite test script.
- New test script doesn't work. Debug where script fails.
- Script is not receiving events from hardware. Examine scripting engine and test harness.
- Scripting engine and test harness are not getting events. Examine hardware driver.
- Hardware driver is not getting events. Beat head on desk, wait for headache to subside, beg hardware test suite off of one person still in the other office at this hour.
- Hardware verification suite does not work. Pound head repeatedly on desk, after hardware suite reveals that the interrupt generation portion of the prototype board is broken. Go home.